Monthly Archives: December 2018

H G Wells – The Flipping Fabian

This gallery contains 22 photos.

Any understanding of the genocidal nature of the 20th century is incomplete unless the life, times and social thinking of H G Wells are comprehended.

More Galleries | 8 Comments

The Academic Archiving of Antony Sutton

This gallery contains 7 photos.

The Academic Archiving of Antony Sutton is a warning to all historians that their work will be filed and forgotten if their narratives are deemed too real and/or too revealing.

More Galleries | 3 Comments

Malaga Christmas 2018

This gallery contains 1 photo.

Feliz Navidad.

More Galleries | 1 Comment

The Rise and Fall of David Irving

This gallery contains 6 photos.

The Rise and Fall of David Irving is a stark reminder that challenging the historical narrative can have serious consequences.

More Galleries | 23 Comments

James Corbett: History is Written By The Winners

This gallery contains 3 photos.

The official narrative of the First World War has been well documented by historians. Nevertheless, the battle for hearts and minds still rages.

More Galleries | 8 Comments

Getting to Grips with Antarctica

This gallery contains 17 photos.

Ship captains are advised to avoid spoiling their ship for the cost of halfpenny worth of tar. Similarly: Glaciologists should avoid spoiling their ice cores for the cost of an ice curve chronology.

More Galleries | 9 Comments

Monte Rosa 2015

This gallery contains 27 photos.

When sub-millimetre measuring techniques are applied to ice cores it’s worth taking a closer look because this technology can be misused to produce a torrent of oven-ready turkeys.

More Galleries | 1 Comment

Getting to Grips with Greenland

This gallery contains 25 photos.

One of the murkier mysteries in the land of maths and models is why the ice in Iceland is 1,100 years old whilst in neighbouring Greenland the ice is said to be 1,000,000 years old.

More Galleries | 9 Comments

Monte Rosa 2009

This gallery contains 22 photos.

The Pareto Principle suggests 80% of an ice core represents 20% of the chronology. On the other hand: Willi Dansgaard claimed 80% of an ice core represents 10% of the chronology.

More Galleries | 3 Comments

Schrödinger’s Sunspots

This gallery contains 15 photos.

Natural philosophers pondering the lack of sunspots during the Maunder Minimum should remember that just because the sunspots weren’t seen [from the surface of the Earth] it doesn’t mean the sunspots weren’t there.

More Galleries | 13 Comments